About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 8 April 2015

Speed Demon!

Today is my niece's 11th birthday!! She's a bit of an adrenaline junkie - so her birthday treat is a trip to Thorpe Park today!! A while back, I took her out riding on her bike on a trail near where she lives - and she loved it!! Especially the downhills!! So when I saw this digi stamp at Just Inklined called 'Speed Demon', I knew I would have to have it for her birthday card this year!!
Emma has blond, curly hair (although not quite so curly), and she wears glasses too - so this was perfect. I used bright fun colours - and had to include some pink as that is her favourite colour!! 

I used my Spectrum Noir Pens as follows: Hair - TN1, GB1, GB2, GB8 and GB10; Skin - FS2, FS3, FS4, CR4; T-Shirt and Boots - PL1, BP2, PP6; Dungarees - TB4, TB5, TB8, TB9; Bike - IG1, IG3, IG4, IG5, IG6, IG8, IG9, IG10, True Black, GB1, GB3, GB4, GB5.

As I had just been sorting out all my papers, I used up a couple of scraps - the yellow I am sure is Papermania - the blue is printed from one of my Crafter's Companion CD's (possible Halcyon Days - I really ought to write in on the back before it goes in my scraps box). I teamed this up with Papermill Raspberry card, and some Fuschia Centura Pearl from my scraps box. The sentiment and age I created on the computer, and I added some daisy ribbon (the last off cut that I seem to have had forever) and white and pink satin ribbon with some pearls. 

I would like to enter this into:
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes

Back soon with something new and exciting!!
Cxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx