About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 4 January 2015

A Blast From The Past!!

For various reasons, I crafted very little in the run up to Christmas. And those cards I did make, I forgot to photograph as I had so much on my mine. So, I decided on a 'blast from the past' and to share a project from last year that slipped through the net on the blogging front. My very good friend, Caroline, was 40 - and to mark the milestone, I created this altered box in which to put personal messages from the other 7 of us in the group. 
The box was from Store 21 - I loved the idea of it being a book. To alter it, I first sanded the glossy finish to the outside of the box, and then added a few coats of magnolia emulsion paint. I then roughed the edges u with some sandpaper, to give a shabby chic look. I then used Serif Craft Artist to create the cover sheet, and mounted it onto some peach paper. The patterned paper is from Craftwork Cards.
I then decorated it with a ribbon bow, fabric flowers and pearls. 
On the inside of the lid I used more Craftwork Cards papers, along with a compilation of group photos created in Craft Artist. Each of us chose a photo of Caroline, and wrote a personalised message, and I used them to make an A6 card - again in Craft Artist.
I printed out the matching backgrounds onto pieces of A4 paper, and made a envelope for each, which was tied with ribbon.

I love creating these personal gifts - total one-offs that no-one else has. It does tax the old brain, as it becomes harder and harder to think up new things to make!! But I do like the challenge!!

Back again tomorrow with the first of the Challenges for this year.

Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx