About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 26 October 2014

A different kind of box!!

Good morning to you!! Welcome to my new followers from across the Internet!! Thank you so much for joining me - I hope you continue to enjoy my creations. 

I have been feeling a little ugh for a while, and the whole 'being ill' thing is slowly creeping up on me as half term gets into full swing. But I have been really cheered up seeing so many of my creations being shown on Create and Craft. My little favour box with the sewing kit, the single Elegance box with the bucket of flowers, my pink bucket with the red and white flowers on the cupcake stand, the pearly prom dress topper, the pearly scallop wrapper, and my 'four cupcake' purple box. To some, that may seem a little big-headed (and maybe it is) but it gives me a sense of pride in what I am doing. And also of being part of such a fantastic design team. 

And If you have been watching the shows, you may have noticed this little creation being wafted around once of twice!!! 

When I knew we were making cupcake boxes, I wanted to do something different as I knew so much of what we would be coming up with would be more feminine!! So this is what I came up with.

The box base is a Twin Presentation Box, made with the double sided Fresh White Centura Pearl. I then had a look back through all my CC stuff for something masculine to use for the decoration. Well, I found it in among my CC Monthly Download folder. This gorgeous cog paper is from the July 2009 download. It just goes to show that even older things can still be useful!! 

On the sides, I teamed it up with burlap, some gold pearl card, and silver textured paper from my stash!! As well as the paper, there were some tea bag folding squares. So I just had to have a go (has been a while - but I kept to a basic fold!!) - and came up with the gorgeously spiky creation.
The cogs and other bits (the spare bits from putting a box together - let's hope it doesn't fall apart now) have been sitting in my stash for a while - and finally I found the right project for them.

Inside are a couple of little craft buckets - one with washers and screws, and the other with mints. I used the Scallop wrapper for them to sit in, inside the box.

Don't forget that today is the last day of the fantastic offers on Crafter's Companion website - so pop on over and grab a bargain!! Will probably see you there as have a bit of last minute shopping to do .....

Take care
Cxxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx