About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 8 August 2014

More Sneaky Peeks!!

Good morning!! Am feeling strangely energised this morning - even though SUP Wake Up Work Out has been cancelled!! Last night's paddle was great - very lumpy - but good fun and brilliant for those core muscles!! And it was followed by a BBQ this week as a bit of a social get together with other SUPers from different groups - and the kite surfers too!!

Anyway, a quick couple of shares from Party Paws Christmas! This one is a wall hanging - I never seem to be able to make samples without there being a wall hanging or two in there!! 
This one uses one of the Frame Cards from the Festive Fancies CD - along with papers from both. I printed the snowflake one onto Parchement paper for a different effect. The frame itself is printed onto Watercolour card - I did this twice so I could decoupage the image. The inside was cut out, and I used the Verse Writer to create the little poem. I embellished with Die'sire Snowflakes, and wooden buttons. 

The second is a card made from the Kit - I used my Ultimate to tri-fold a piece of the printed cardstock before cutting off a diagonal section. I used some of the matching insert paper to cover parts of the card that would normally be on the inside, so that they matched the rest.  The original image printed on the card was 'replaced' with one of the toppers matted and layered onto green and gold card. 
To add a bit more interest, I used Die'sire Lace Border 4 to create an additional border for one side. I finished off with a few little red gems, and some ribbon.

Don't forget that the weekender starts tomorrow on Create and Craft TV tomorrow at 9am with Leann - and will be on throughout the weekend!!

Back soon!!
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx