About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 13 August 2014

It's a gift!!

Good morning!! Been a couple of days since I blogged - trying to catch up on lots of thing - both crafty and round the house. I have finally reached the point where today I can do the things I want to do!! As we speak I have tomato, mozzarella and pesto tarts cooking ready for a picnic with some great friends later. And of course the extra pastry has ended up as jam tarts!! I do have some things I need to do - but can actually begin to wind down and enjoy my Summer break!! 
Today's offering is another of my little gift sets for a very good friend. This is the 'Mug Rug' made using one of the gorgeous vintage images from Graphicals on Etsy. I printed the image onto printable cotton and then incorporated it into the patchwork. I chose these colours because I had already made a cushion for this friend in these colours - and these were scraps left over!! The bias binding is still proving to be my Achilles heel - but it's improving!!
The frame is shop-bought - and I have used the image with a great Dr Seuss qote!!
And finally the card. The stripy paper is Craftwork Cards - the dark green I think is Papermania Hampstead (it's been in my stash a while). I used Spellbinders Floral Flourishes - and Crafter's Companion 1" numbers. The dark purple card is embossed with Embossalicious 6" Floral Frenzy folder.

And here is all is together:

I would like to enter this into:
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes
All Crafts Challenge - Anything Goes (No Cards) - Mug Mat
My Craft Creations - Anything Goes 

Back soon
Cxxx

4 comments:

  1. Hi, A lovely project, love the pretty colours. Thank you for joining Craft My Life this month. Good luck and we hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs Erin DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely designs, particularly like the card. Happy crafting, Angela x
    @Felix the Crafty Cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stunning project! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic gift set

    Thank you so much for leaving a lovely comment on my blog

    Smile, It's a brand new week!

    Hugs from

    Bridie@BGPayne Crafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx