About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Sunday 20 July 2014

Pretty Poppies!!

Hope you're all well! I have had a great weekend - made even better knowing that I don't have to go to work tomorrow! Yesterday, being Saturday, was parkrun. We ventured away from home to show our support to my eldest stepson on his 50th parkrun!! He did really brilliantly with a new PB - on the back of a fantastic performance last weekend at the British 10K in London - coming home in the 46th fastest time out of a field of 25,000 runners!! Not bad!!! 

As it was a different parkrun to usual, I did manage to record a PB for that course - but still a couple of minutes slower than my usual PB. Will wait until the Autumn, with the cooler weather, to attempt a new PB!!

This week was the last week of term for me - with lots going on. That, coupled with a lot of crafting commitments, has been the main reason for the slow down in blogging. Will be full on for the next two or three weeks - but will try to pop on now and again to share some of what I've been up to.

Today's share is actually a set I made for a friend's birthday a while ago. It consists of a 'mug mat', a card and a framed picture/quote.

The gorgeous poppy image came from Graphicals on Etsy - a beautiful site with some lovely vintage images for sale. 

For the mug mat, I printed the image onto printable cotton fabric, then patch-worked it with some fabric from my stash. It's backed with plain red cotton, with a little bit of wadding in between.
The card is 6x6, with the image printed onto Elegance satin card, cut with a Spellbinders circle die. I used matt black card for the scalloped circle, and for the border which was cut with Spellbinders Edgeabilities - Triple Scallop and one of the inserts. The red is Centura Pearl, and the lime green is Bazzill Bling. The gorgeously bold paper is from Craftwork Cards Monochrome collection. I finished it will a few red pearls.
Into a shop-bought frame, I layered more of the green, black and red cards, with more of the monochrome paper. I printed the image with the quote onto Elegance satin card.

I would like to enter
Card:
Sister Act Card Challenge - Anything Goes

Take care,
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx