About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Saturday 24 May 2014

What a great day!!

It's only the second time my samples have been shown on TV - so it's still quite exciting and novel for me!! And today it was also a little nerve wracking as it was our lovely boss Sara Davies launching the CD and showing the samples. 

So, I have watched all four hours of shows from today and was really chuffed when one of the first cards she held up was my 8x8 4 Step card. The Tri-Fold Shutter Card, my 'Sweet' Box and Memory book all feature on the VT they showed - although I have yet to see them 'in the flesh' so to speak. In the second hour the A5 card was shown and there was a shot of the small canvas that I am going to show you in a mo. I noticed the larger canvas was hanging on the back wall too. In the third hour my little camper van box and frame card were shown, and both my twisted easel and offset gatefold cards appeared in the 4th hour. 

I'm sure the novelty will wear off - but I'm enjoying it while it lasts. Anyway - here is the third sample for today - the little frame card on canvas.

I started with a 5x7 canvas, painted it with Pebeo White paint - then dabbed over the top with Antique White on cotton wool. I used some Core'dinations card embossed with A4 Gothic Script to create the strip at the side, and the mats behind the frame and sentiments. I cut a white border from Neenah card using Lace Border 1 die, and a small Cameo frame for the sentiment. I used one of the mini toppers as an extra embellishment - having cut off the gold foil border.
The shells are real - and I used my hot glue gun to fix them on. I finished with a little ribbon around the border, and for hanging it up.

I will be back tomorrow with the final three samples!! Don't forget to join Dawn on Create and Craft!!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx