About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 19 May 2014

Halcyon Days Sneak Peek 3 - A Sweet Treat!!

What a busy few days with so many projects to complete!! But, here we are - all of them finished and a couple of hours tidying in the garden this afternoon while the sun still shone!! Now it's back to work - starting with today's blog and sneak peek!! 

My choice of what to reveal today was made for me - as this little box was featured on Crafter's Companion FB page yesterday!! So, thought I'd better get on and tell you how I made it!! 
I started with a papier mache box - and coated it first with white gesso. I then mixed some Pebeo Deco Matt White paint with Cretan Blue, and also with Bright Pink. This was splodged onto the inside and outside with cotton wool!! When it was dry, I gave the outside of the box a spray with Pearl Diamond Spray and Sparkle.

The top of the box is made from one of the Card Companions printed on Neenah Solar White card. This camper van is another of my favourite images - and I masked around it and sprayed with Pearl Diamond Spray and Sparkle. I printed one of the co-ordinating papers onto Centura Pearl Hint of Silver - it looks like knitting!! I also used the gingham and spotty co-ordinating papers!! 

To echo the knitted effect of the card on the lid, I embossed some Kraft card with my Embossalicious 8x8 Knit One Pearl One folder, and inked over it with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink. The little ice creams are from one of the embellishment sheets, and these gorgeous bows are on the CD too!!

There is a smaller version of the topper on the Card Companion sheet, so I decided to use it with some more of the knitted effect card on the inside of the box. This photo gives you a better idea of the splodged effect of the box!! Because of the sentiment on the tag (which comes on sheet) , I have put some coconut ice in the box - not sure it will last until launch day!! Will have to wait and see!!

I finished it all off with a button and twine from my stash!!

That's all for now. Will be back tomorrow with the next sneaky peek!!
Cxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx