About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Wednesday 21 May 2014

Halcyon Days Day 5 - An Easel Card

Had a busy day at work today - but am home now so time for another card from the Halcyon Days CD It's an easel card today. This is actually one of the Fabric Companions. The size of the front of the easel is 8x8 which hopefully gives you an idea of how big this card actually is.
I made the base from Kraft card - am really liking it at the moment - particularly with this collection as it just fits so well. I used a combination of the papers to bring out the blue, purple and cream from the image. The bottom of the purple one is edged with Die'licious Lace Border 4. The stitching around the cream mat is real - created with the aid of my trusty sewing machine - it echoes the stitching on the image.

The three small squares at the bottom are actually from a piece of Kraft card that I embossed with the 8x8 Floral Stitch folder then cut round. If you look closely you can see the stitching effect. Similarly, I embossed a piece of paper to match the border strip stopper, and this time cut the flowers out to put on top. The spiral flowers are from the embellishment section.
The front of the card will tip backwards to reveal the message inside (written with the Verse Writer). It also shows how I embossed the cream paper with the 8x8 Knit One Pearl One folder.

I finished off with a sentiment and some pearls. 

Don't forget to keep checking in here - I have loads more to show you as I have made samples from the card kit as well as the CD. And welcome to the new followers - however you have joined me (and there are sooooo many ways) it is lovely to have your company and support.

Back tomorrow. 
Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. This looks great Carole and a great style of card. I am your newest follower
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx