About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Thursday 22 May 2014

Day 6 - Last of the Halcyon Days Sneaky Peeks!!

What a morning!! Started bad and then got worse when another car went into the back of mine at a junction. By the time I got to school I was a blubbering mess. Managed to get through the morning - and am back home now. Have phoned the insurance company - and now waiting for garage to phone about getting it repaired. The back bumper is cracked and there are two dents in the boot door. As for me - I feel like I've been through the wringer - with a slight ache in my right shoulder. 

I need to get on with some crafting but am struggling to focus so thought I would get on and blog first. This is the last of the samples from the CD - but before you worry, I have plenty of projects to share with you from the card kit too!! 
This is the front of the 8x8 card - made from 2 sheets of Black Matt card. I have used one of the Topper Companions printed onto Centura Pearl Hint of Gold. It has a stitched effect on it - so I used my sewing machine to stitch some of the backing papers so they looked like patchwork too. The large backing sheet is printed onto Neenah Desert Storm card - and I used this for the leaves as well.

Now - I'm not 100% sure of what you call the inside of this card. Is it a 4 step? I'm sure one of you will let me know. 
I made it from an A3 sheet of white card, and inked it with Black soot. The core'dinations card has been embossed with the Floral Vine folder and then sanded back. The lighter of the papers has been printed onto Parchment Paper.

A huge welcome to my new followers! Thank you so much!! Sorry today's post is a little short - but I think I'm going to go and slump in front of the TV with something really sugary or chocolaty!!

Will be back tomorrow with the first of the Card Kit projects.
Cxxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx