About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Monday 26 May 2014

CCM&M Challenge #117 - Flourishing!!

Well, after the whirlwind of blogs from last week, I have something quite different today. And what's more - it's my 200th blog post!! So, it's the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers and More. Elaine has chosen 'Flourishing' for our theme this time, and she would like to see flourishes somewhere on your project - they may be stamped, die cut or both!!

We are sponsored this time by The Stamping Boutique who are offering the winner 3 digis of their choice. And if they have used a Stamping Boutique image then it will be 4 digis!!

For my 6x6 twisted easel card, I have chosen to use 'Whimsical Bird' from our sponsors as I felt that it really fitted with the flourish theme. I have been working with the beautiful pastels of Halcyon days for a few weeks - and decided to go for something totally opposite. So I chose teal, fuschia and a greeny/yellow - quite an 'in your face' combination!! 
I used Spectrum Noirs to colour in (BT6, BT4, BT3, BP7, PP1, LY3, LY2, LY1), and then found some matching card in my stash to mat and layer. I used Spellbinders Grand Labels 1 to cut the image and some of the mats, and embossed the pink layers with Embossalicious 8x8 Regency Swirls Folder. A bit of Peacock Feathers DI was applied while the image was still in the die.

I cut my flourishes with Spellbinders Floral Flourish and Flourish Accent dies, and used them liberally!! Some pearls provided the finishing touch!! All in all, a really in your face, over the top design!!  Such fun!!!!

Pop on over the Crafty Cardmakers and More blog to check out more inspiration from the Design Team - and then get working on your Flourishing project!! I look forward to seeing what you create!!

I would like to enter this into 
Dream Valley Challenges - Things with Wings

Cxxx

1 comment:

  1. I love this one Carole and such fabulous images and colours
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx