About Me

My photo
I'm a retired primary school teacher, who started paper crafting in 2008, when I had a fancy to make my own Christmas cards. Since then, I have tried all sorts of techniques and styles - and I kind of like them all. I have been lucky enough to be on blog teams and large design teams and to do a bit of freelance demonstrating - and I love the challenge of working with different products. My crafting style is very varied - from junk journaling and art journaling, bookbinding and journal making, to quilting and patchwork - and of course I still make cards. This variety keeps me interested - and my crafty stash growing!! I'm always seeking inspiration for new projects.

Friday 11 April 2014

Sneaky Peak 2 - Crafter's Companion Camden Town!

An early post today, as I want to spend the morning in the garden and then finish an order that I have been working on, this afternoon. So, here is another little sneaky peek from the new Camden Town Male CD from Crafter's Companion. Remember that this is just one of the two CD's that will be launched by Dawn Wheeler on Create and Craft on Thursday 17th April.

This project used one of the Create Companions. When I saw this image, I thought it would be perfect for a ticket wallet - I often get asked to make ticket wallets for friends - usually for bands or shows! I printed off the matching Design Paper onto Centura Pearl Hint of Silver card, and a Co-ordinating Paper onto the reverse side of the card. I built up lots of layers - so this is a very substantial wallet. 
I mounted the main Create Companion onto red card to bring out the feature of the guitar - I'm really loving the red and teal combination!! Having done some paper pricking for a challenge recently, I decided to use a simple border of holes to create a little interest on the top layers. 
The wallet is made from a basic tri-fold - with part of one third cut away to allow the tickets to be put inside the pocket. The little version of the topper, as well as the sentiment come with the Create Companion - as does a gorgeous section of backing card. I finished it off with some pearls and ribbon from my stash! 

Would love to know what you think of the new CD - so, if you have the time, please leave me a message!! I know that load of you are popping by, as the page views on my blog have skyrocketed recently - and I really value your feedback!! Don't forget you can follow my blog through Google or email from the icons on the sidebar - or if you prefer to do so through Facebook, then feel free to 'like' my Papercraft By Carole page where I will post all my blog updates. Have noticed that the page is also getting quite a few views recently - so I know that a lot of you are finding me that way!! Thank you to all of you who are taking the time to have a look. I really appreciate it!!

Will be back tomorrow with my next sneaky peak!! 

Cxxx

2 comments:

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!! I really appreciate it!! Cxx